Sunday, March 8, 2009

Do you see what I see?

I started testing Thursday morning at 10dpo. I used a cheapie test from $ Tree and got a BFN. Okay... it's early. I won't be too bummed out. BUT I could see a super faint, barely there, shadow of line where the line *would* be if it turned pink. Yes, folks... this is what TTC does to some people. You become "crazy pee on a stick (or in a cup) lady" and SUPER over-analyze everything in those little windows! On to 11dpo...

I tested in the morning, again with a $ Tree test. Still don't really see a line, but can totally see the phantom line where the line would be (grr... stupid evap!). I decided to go get some "real" tests after work that day. I ended up with First Response Early Response (a 4-pack that included a digital. Woo!). I told myself I'd wait until the morning to use one, but who was I kidding? I totally took a test the next time I had to pee!

This is what showed up:

Do you see what I see?! I thought, "Eh... I'm imagining things because I want to see pink so badly." I took it to P to see what he thought (he didn't even see the shadows of lines I tried to convince him about before!), so I thought he'd give it to me straight if it was nothing. He looked at it... held it to the light... and said, "I see faint pink." Aahhh!!! Really?! OMG! I got tears in my eyes and he was like "Don't cry!" Don't cry? How can I NOT cry?! Surprisingly I didn't *really* cry. I was too much in shock and had to show this test to 2 of my friends to see if they saw what we thought we saw. I e-mailed them pictures (camera phone was NOT clear at all) and then waited for their calls. One friend figured out how to conference call from our cell phones and got all three of us on the line at the same time. We all agreed there was a line. It was positive. Even their husbands agreed there was line! Then I posted it on message boards I frequent to see if ladies there could see what we saw. Everyone did! Even with all those eyes agreeing with us & congratulating us, we still don't know if we can quite believe it yet!

The next morning I took the digital test that came in my 4-pack. This result popped up:



Holy wow. I woke up P to show him. He said, "It says TEST." Uh... wake up a little & look again! I had to tell him that it said "YES+" then he was said, "Oooh... I see it now! That "+" threw me off." Now he's saying "YesT, you are pregnant." Hehehe. Yest.
I'd been holding off on getting the Clear Blue Easy digital pregnancy test until I got a positive on something else. Well, Saturday was the day! I went to my trusty Target and got the 2-pack. I couldn't WAIT to take it and finally see the word:

Yay! Finally that result from MY test. It is still SO surreal.
Here is Lucky bear, showing that he is indeed, lucky:

I've been extra-specially cozied up to Lucky the past few nights. Good little bear! Now we need him to make sure this baby sticks!
My beta blood test is in the morning. I think then maybe this will sink in more? I'm hoping for excellent numbers... Lucky? You hear that? We need a good beta result! :o)

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is it made tears to read this. Good luck and congrats! Kristin (a thebump.com mom kbrodie06)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very thrilled for you both!!! I can't WAIT to follow your adventures on this wonderful, wonderful journey!

    ReplyDelete